MVP dry cracking mud – Cultivated Earth pigmented
1.7 fl oz / 50 ml
MVP stands for Most Versatile Product – because depending on how you use it, you’ll achieve results ranging from ordinary soil to light and cracking or heavy clumped mud. Spectacular, hyper-realistic mud in ready-mix form. It creates striking cracks when drying, the intensity and size of which depend on the thickness of the layer. However, if you do not want them, add water. Earthy brown color, very universal – compliant with our pigment.
In stock (can be backordered)
Acrylic product, non-toxic, without a noticeable odor.
A thick and light paste with a crisp texture. Easily and fast create realistic, multi-dimensional mud. On drying, our paste makes a spectacular effect that should always accompany dry mud layers; cracks! By itself, our mud cracks as it dries, and little by little, the impact graduates depending on the thickness of the coating applied, always matching the scale. Thick layers crack into strong, coarse fissures, while thin layers crack into a fine mesh of light cracks, creating an amazing effect. It all happens on its own! The paste, moreover, is very malleable and lightweight and retains the shape you give it, including traces of imprinted wheels, tracks, or shoe marks.
However, if you want to apply a uniform layer here or there, nothing stands in the way; dilute the product with water about 1/5 of the amount of paste. The water will loosen the bonds, and the mud will not crack while still maintaining its granularity and allowing itself to be freely modulated. Modellers World mud diluted with water is also great for looser splashes.
Directions for use:
- Unscrew, mix and play! To apply a larger amount to a diorama or vehicle is best to use a metal spatula. We then recommend spreading the paste with a fluffy thick brush – but don’t spread it; tap it on the model.
- The mud has a beautifully scale-appropriate graininess. However, the technique of ‘tapping’ with a brush with a large surface area, such as the kind used for pigments (powders, essentially), will reveal the texture, offset the strokes of the spatula and bring realism to the fore. You can also try this effect with a sponge.
- Mud also contains individual, clumped lumps of pigment to subtly differentiate and modulate color. When you spot one, gently break it up with a paste brush, the effect when dry is impressive.
- The paste can be thinned with water. Remember that adding water will cancel out the crackle effect.
- The mud can be modeled and touched up for several tens of minutes. After a few hours, the cracks will appear, and this is a sign that the mass should no longer be touched. Full drying is approximately 10 hours.
- Wet the objects you want to imprint (for example, wheels or tracks) with water so that the mass does not stick to them.
- Once dry, Weathering Paints can be used for painting.
- Once opened, the product should be used within 2 months. Seal the paste tightly and store it in a dry, dark place (e.g., in a drawer).
- One box is enough for a standard 1:35 scale vignette or a couple of models. It all depends on the thickness of the layer, the application area, etc.
- This product is based on our Cultivated Earth pigment, which means you can use it to dust your vehicle or the mud itself and thicken it.
Capacity 50 ml / 1.7 OZ.
|Dimensions||6,8 × 6,8 × 3,5 cm|
|Specific by region|
|Type of weathering|
To give you an even better idea of how to work with our washes, we’ve put together some videos from Youtubers and great modellers;
No specyfic product FAQ’s
How do I place an order in the store? Do I have to create an account?
Just add the products “to the cart,” click proceed. You will be redirected to the “checkout” form from the cart. You do not need to create an account or log in.
How can I pay?
We have PayPal and Stripe payment gateways in the store. These are the world’s famous and most secure services, offering various payment options. Payments are in the last step of the “checkout” form. You can pay with debit cards, and the Stripe service additionally finds the most popular banks in your country. You can pay by logging into them. You can also use the traditional transfer option, you will receive the transfer details by email, but the process will take longer until the transfer is posted. If you are not convinced about online payment, you can choose cash on delivery; you will hand over the deducted money to the courier (surcharge required).
Do you ship to my country and what is the cost?
You can find all the details here: https://www.modellersworld.eu/packing-and-shipping/ . If you don’t find your place there, email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do.
I haven’t seen you in my stores, do you have any distributors?
We are a niche brand; we do not focus on mass sales. We have been in business since 2019. The products are entirely manufactured in Poland. At this moment, we are available in most stores in Poland through HOBBY2000 distribution and in the UK through Javis. We also have a distributor in Ireland, Portugal, and Greece.
What if I order an item and the package never arrives?
Shipments are insured, but we know how stressful it is to wait. Buying in our store, you have a guarantee that if the goods are lost in transit or arrive broken, we will give you your money back immediately, without waiting for a response from the shipping company. If the damage was not visible on the outside of the package, you just need to send us photos on the day of receipt. In our experience, however, lost packages account for approximately 0.1%, and damaged goods account for less than 0.5% of shipments. 99.4%, therefore, arrives without unpleasant incidents.