MVP wet mud – Beach Sand pigmented
1.7 fl oz / 50 ml
MVP stands for Most Versatile Product, because depending on how you use it, you can create soggy mud, splashes on vehicles, or easily thicken or dilute it. Ready-to-use, realistic wet mud in a light gel form that sticks perfectly to the model and is easy to model. Light, sandy color – compliant with our pigment.
In stock (can be backordered)
Acrylic product, non-toxic, without a noticeable odor.
Mud in the form of a thick gel with a great consistency that allows you to model waves, wheel tracks, and bumps without flowing off the surface. The coloring of this product is built on the same base of natural pigments as the light dry mud. So the two products can be combined and intermingled to represent the impact of varying weather effects. It can be thinned with water to a splash mud type.
Directions for use:
- Unscrew, mix and play! To apply a larger amount to a diorama or vehicle is best to use a metal spatula. We then recommend spreading the paste with a fluffy thick brush – but don’t spread it; tap it on the model.
- The paste can be gently diluted with water. Note that additional dilution will cause the mud to visibly self-leveling.
- The mud can be modeled and touched up for several tens of minutes. After a few hours, the cracks will appear, and this is a sign that the mass should no longer be touched. Full drying is approximately 12-18 hours.
- Wet the objects you want to imprint (for example, wheels or tracks) with water so that the mass does not stick to much to them.
- After drying, if you want an even more ‘wet look’, you can paint it with ‘Spill effect – clear’.
- Once opened, the product should be used within 2 months. Seal the paste tightly and store it in a dry, dark place (e.g., in a drawer).
- One box is enough for a standard 1:35 scale vignette or a couple of models. It all depends on the thickness of the layer, the application area, etc.
Capacity 50 ml / 1.7 OZ.
|Dimensions||6,8 × 6,8 × 3,5 cm|
|Specific by region|
|Type of weathering|
To give you an even better idea of how to work with our washes, we’ve put together some videos from Youtubers and great modellers;
No specyfic product FAQ’s
How do I place an order in the store? Do I have to create an account?
Just add the products “to the cart,” click proceed. You will be redirected to the “checkout” form from the cart. You do not need to create an account or log in.
How can I pay?
We have PayPal and Stripe payment gateways in the store. These are the world’s famous and most secure services, offering various payment options. Payments are in the last step of the “checkout” form. You can pay with debit cards, and the Stripe service additionally finds the most popular banks in your country. You can pay by logging into them. You can also use the traditional transfer option, you will receive the transfer details by email, but the process will take longer until the transfer is posted. If you are not convinced about online payment, you can choose cash on delivery; you will hand over the deducted money to the courier (surcharge required).
Do you ship to my country and what is the cost?
You can find all the details here: https://www.modellersworld.eu/packing-and-shipping/ . If you don’t find your place there, email us email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do.
I haven’t seen you in my stores, do you have any distributors?
We are a niche brand; we do not focus on mass sales. We have been in business since 2019. The products are entirely manufactured in Poland. At this moment, we are available in most stores in Poland through HOBBY2000 distribution and in the UK through Javis. We also have a distributor in Ireland, Portugal, and Greece.
What if I order an item and the package never arrives?
Shipments are insured, but we know how stressful it is to wait. Buying in our store, you have a guarantee that if the goods are lost in transit or arrive broken, we will give you your money back immediately, without waiting for a response from the shipping company. If the damage was not visible on the outside of the package, you just need to send us photos on the day of receipt. In our experience, however, lost packages account for approximately 0.1%, and damaged goods account for less than 0.5% of shipments. 99.4%, therefore, arrives without unpleasant incidents.