Spill – Wet effect: Dirty Water
1 fl oz / 30 ml
This effect is heavily transparent but with a dirty tint. Perfect as an urban puddle for streets, sidewalks, and tanks. With this product, you can turn dry mud into wet mud; simply paint it with a brush or airbrush.
Available on backorder
This product has almost none, slightly acrylic smell.
“Spill; Wet Effect” is a series of acrylic, odorless products for creating a wet surface effect. In between the standard clear version, you’ll find perfectly tinted versions that are transparent when dry to enhance your model with a spectacular poured liquid effect. The product is designed to work on 0.1-1 mm layers, so don’t pour it more than a millimeter thick. After it dries, you can lightly mat the surface and apply another layer no sooner than after 24 hours. You can make impressive puddles on flat surfaces, like asphalt or armor plates, or paint thin streaks with these products. “Spills” in “clear” or “dirty water” shades are perfect for covering dried mud, giving it a wet look. For use by brush without thinning or in an airbrush, gently thin with “Acrylic Doctor.”
Directions for use:
- Mix the product well, shake up and down. Unscrew the cap and if you see foam running down the pipette, wipe it off. Check for air bubbles when squeezing the rubber cap; if this happens, keep pressing until a nice drop is coming out.
- We don’t recommend using a brush to pick up the product from the bottle; you can transfer dirt and dust particles that will become problematic. Instead, take a pipette and use a container, even a bottle cap!
- You can also pour a drop directly onto the model’s surface or diorama and gently stretch it with a brush or toothpick in the desired directions. If any bubbles form on the surface, just give them a blow, and they will disappear.
- The product needs several hours to a day to fully dry at room temperature, depending on the thickness of the layer.
- If you want to spray using an airbrush, work on the lowest possible pressure (around 1 bar) at a distance of 5-10 cm. Thin with “Acrylic Doctor” if necessary, not more than 4:1 thinner to effect ratio.
- After drying, do not cover with any varnish.
- Flush tools in hot water and then use Total cleaner or Airb-care cleaner.
- Store away from heat and direct light.
The bottle with a pipette contains not less than 30ml of paint. Additional pipette and sample coin not included. The color on the sample coin is the after-dry effect.
|Dimensions||3,5 × 3,5 × 11 cm|
|Type of weathering|
Nothing here at the moment, check back in a time.
I wanted to see if the stain was dry and touched it with my finger, now there is an imprint. What to do?
Once fully cured, the product can be rolled and peeled off. Then apply the effect again and do not touch it again 😉
How do I place an order in the store? Do I have to create an account?
Just add the products “to the cart,” click proceed. You will be redirected to the “checkout” form from the cart. You do not need to create an account or log in.
How can I pay?
We have PayPal and Stripe payment gateways in the store. These are the world’s famous and most secure services, offering various payment options. Payments are in the last step of the “checkout” form. You can pay with debit cards, and the Stripe service additionally finds the most popular banks in your country. You can pay by logging into them. You can also use the traditional transfer option, you will receive the transfer details by email, but the process will take longer until the transfer is posted. If you are not convinced about online payment, you can choose cash on delivery; you will hand over the deducted money to the courier (surcharge required).
Do you ship to my country and what is the cost?
You can find all the details here: https://www.modellersworld.eu/packing-and-shipping/ . If you don’t find your place there, email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do.
I haven’t seen you in my stores, do you have any distributors?
We are a niche brand; we do not focus on mass sales. We have been in business since 2019. The products are entirely manufactured in Poland. At this moment, we are available in most stores in Poland through HOBBY2000 distribution and in the UK through Javis. We also have a distributor in Ireland, Portugal, and Greece.
What if I order an item and the package never arrives?
Shipments are insured, but we know how stressful it is to wait. Buying in our store, you have a guarantee that if the goods are lost in transit or arrive broken, we will give you your money back immediately, without waiting for a response from the shipping company. If the damage was not visible on the outside of the package, you just need to send us photos on the day of receipt. In our experience, however, lost packages account for approximately 0.1%, and damaged goods account for less than 0.5% of shipments. 99.4%, therefore, arrives without unpleasant incidents.